I want to experiment with CPAN.pm and authenticating proxies. Can
anyone give me access to a proxy server?

Thanks,
David

Search Discussions

  • Ask Bjørn Hansen at Nov 3, 2010 at 3:36 am

    On Nov 2, 2010, at 20:12, David Golden wrote:

    I want to experiment with CPAN.pm and authenticating proxies. Can
    anyone give me access to a proxy server?
    Install squid on your laptop?

    - ask
  • David Golden at Nov 3, 2010 at 11:41 am

    I want to experiment with CPAN.pm and authenticating proxies.  Can
    anyone give me access to a proxy server?
    Install squid on your laptop?
    I was hoping for the "here's an ID and password" answer that saves me
    installing/configuring it. But I may fall back to squid if I need to.

    -- David
  • Eric Wilhelm at Nov 3, 2010 at 9:41 pm
    # from David Golden
    # on Wednesday 03 November 2010 04:41:
    I want to experiment with CPAN.pm and authenticating proxies.  Can
    anyone give me access to a proxy server?
    Install squid on your laptop?
    I was hoping for the "here's an ID and password" answer that saves me
    installing/configuring it.  But I may fall back to squid if I need to.
    I've found squid rather cumbersome to setup, particularly for a one-time
    use like this.

    Maybe look at polipo (it is also in the debian apt repositories.)

    http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/polipo/polipo.html#Access-control

    Or maybe:

    http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/BOOK/HTTP-Proxy-0.24/eg/proxy-auth.pl

    (Wherein "here's an ID and password" is in the comments on line 8.)

    --Eric
    --
    Speak softly and carry a big carrot.
    http://scratchcomputing.com