01. Update the YAML version declaration

Proposal:

The version declaration for YAML has not been "--- #YAML:1.0" for a long
time, update it to the current YAML 1.1 equivalent.

Search Discussions

  • Ricardo Signes at Oct 9, 2009 at 12:10 pm
    * David Golden [2009-10-09T07:41:35]
    01. Update the YAML version declaration

    Proposal:

    The version declaration for YAML has not been "--- #YAML:1.0" for a long
    time, update it to the current YAML 1.1 equivalent.
    Reject. YAML::Tiny for old-style YAML-ish META files, JSON for new META files,
    no attempt to use modern or formally correct YAML.

    --
    rjbs
  • Graham Barr at Oct 9, 2009 at 1:24 pm

    The version declaration for YAML has not been "--- #YAML:1.0" for a
    long
    time, update it to the current YAML 1.1 equivalent.
    Reject. YAML::Tiny for old-style YAML-ish META files, JSON for new
    META files,
    no attempt to use modern or formally correct YAML.
    While I agree that we should switch to JSON as the preferred format. I
    see
    no reason to only allow one format. And so it YAML is to continue to
    be supported
    then we should update.

    Graham.
  • David Golden at Oct 9, 2009 at 1:36 pm

    01. Update the YAML version declaration

    Proposal:

    The version declaration for YAML has not been "--- #YAML:1.0" for a long
    time, update it to the current YAML 1.1 equivalent.
    I'm opposed on practical grounds, as we want Meta parsing in the Perl
    core (Parse::CPAN::Meta) and attempts to put a full featured YAML
    parser in core have been rejected.

    But as I said, I think discussion of output format is a broader one
    that needs to consider all options holistically.

    David
  • Steffen Mueller at Oct 9, 2009 at 2:00 pm
    Hi all,

    David Golden wrote:
    01. Update the YAML version declaration

    Proposal:

    The version declaration for YAML has not been "--- #YAML:1.0" for a long
    time, update it to the current YAML 1.1 equivalent.
    I'm opposed on practical grounds, as we want Meta parsing in the Perl
    core (Parse::CPAN::Meta) and attempts to put a full featured YAML
    parser in core have been rejected.
    +1

    I think for any YAML-based META files, we need to limit ourselves to the
    subset of YAML that is supported by Parse::CPAN::Meta for these reasons.
    But as I said, I think discussion of output format is a broader one
    that needs to consider all options holistically.
    Cool. I just learned a new word!

    Cheers,
    Steffen

groupcpan-workers @