so after splitting CPAN::Shell I created a branch and in that branch a
moved all the code of the other packages to the respective files.
Every module was moved in a separate commit and before the commit
(sorry David I got your e-mail only when I was already in the middle)
I made any changes that were required for the separation.
I tried to make sure everything works every time by running the test suit but
I still found a couple issues I had to deal with in later commits.
Most notably in several cases the tests passed on 5.8.8 on Ubuntu and
failed on Portable Strawberry beta 1. I fixed those.
Unfortunately I mistakenly changed the file format from UNIX to DOS in
Once I noticed the mistake I reverted the changes using inverse merge and then
applied the small change of adding use Carp. I hope this will not render my
work unusable for you.
So right now (r3499) all test pass on both platforms I checked.
I am also going to try to use the new version by typing:
perl -Ilib -MCPAN -eshell
so far one module installed well (at least according to CPAN.pm)
but one had really strange warnings. I am sending it in a separate
e-mail. I am not sure at all if the problem is CPAN.pm related.
Anyway, I think I am going to stop my big changes now and I'd
like to understand what need to be done to check if it works
and when can it be merged to trunk if at all.
I think I'll continue to the next set of changes once I know these
changes can be merged back to trunk. Then I guess I'll create
another branch to work on.