Here's what CPANTS needs to get moving that I can't handle myself...

Testing hardware until the distributed client stuff is working. Kurt?
Perl-labs want to jump in?
A web site. www.cpants.org. cpants.cpan.org and cpants.perl.org were
suggested but I'd like the public face to have its own domain to
promote its independence of CPAN and Perl.
A document repository. CVS or whatever. Nothing fancy. Ask?

That should get things moving. I have also have specific needs for
volunteers. There's alot of programming involved that I have no idea
how to do.

Distributed systems.
Building secure sandboxes for programs to play in.
Lexical analysis of Perl programs.
Experience with the B compiler and modules.
Experience in quality assurance and code reviews.
Experience in large-scale automation.

I'm sure people will be knocking down my inbox to volunteer their
time, RIGHT?

PS CPANTS currently lives at http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/CPANTS/

--

Michael G Schwern http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/ schwern@pobox.com
Just Another Stupid Consultant Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse

Search Discussions

  • Elaine -HFB- Ashton at Aug 20, 2000 at 4:44 am
    Michael G Schwern [schwern@pobox.com] quoth:
    *>Here's what CPANTS needs to get moving that I can't handle myself...
    *>
    *> A mailing list. CPANTS@perl.org or something. Ask?

    Ask already did that as I recall.

    *> Testing hardware until the distributed client stuff is working. Kurt?
    *> Perl-labs want to jump in?

    brian d foy has a shiny new Ultra1/170 with 40GB of space to fill you
    might ask him about since I gave it to him for this sort of project.

    *> A web site. www.cpants.org. cpants.cpan.org and cpants.perl.org were
    *> suggested but I'd like the public face to have its own domain to

    I disagree as cpants is part of/or will be part of the Perl community. If
    you take the "P" out, you get CANTS. :) If it really takes on a whole life
    of its own, then it might warrant YAD.

    *> Experience in quality assurance and code reviews.
    *> Experience in large-scale automation.

    Depending on what you mean by automation, I'm pretty handy with
    distributing software and batch processing en masse.

    *>I'm sure people will be knocking down my inbox to volunteer their
    *>time, RIGHT?

    That's on the next episode of Sliders...

    e.
  • Andrew Wilson at Aug 23, 2000 at 6:29 pm