Over the last few days I have tried to file CPAN test reports of various
modules, including my own, now that I have installed perl-5.22.1 on my
older iBook G4. After considerable effort, I am able to run the tests
(via the CPAN-Reporter route) and get output that looks like this:

CPAN::Reporter: sending test report with 'pass' via Metabase

However, when I check http://metabase.cpantesters.org/tail/log.txt, I
can't find my CPAN ID -- but eventually I can find my reports, e.g.:

[2015-12-16T02:51:22Z] [] [pass]
[DAGOLDEN/Task-CPAN-Reporter-0.002.tar.gz] [darwin-2level]
[perl-v5.22.1] [e3eedbea-a39f-11e5-a38e-9c0dacc47af6] [2015-12-16T02:51:22Z]

Perhaps as a consequence of this, none of my reports have shown up on
their various matrix.cpantesters.org pages.

I know that I had this routine working on my previous default Perl on
this box, 5.20.0.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

Search Discussions

  • Slaven Rezic at Dec 16, 2015 at 6:30 am

    James E Keenan writes:

    Over the last few days I have tried to file CPAN test reports of
    various modules, including my own, now that I have installed
    perl-5.22.1 on my older iBook G4. After considerable effort, I am
    able to run the tests (via the CPAN-Reporter route) and get output
    that looks like this:

    CPAN::Reporter: sending test report with 'pass' via Metabase

    However, when I check http://metabase.cpantesters.org/tail/log.txt, I
    can't find my CPAN ID -- but eventually I can find my reports, e.g.:

    [2015-12-16T02:51:22Z] [] [pass]
    [DAGOLDEN/Task-CPAN-Reporter-0.002.tar.gz] [darwin-2level]
    [perl-v5.22.1] [e3eedbea-a39f-11e5-a38e-9c0dacc47af6]
    [2015-12-16T02:51:22Z]
    I saw this problem earlier and thought that it was caused by
    App-cpanminus-reporter and even filed a bug report:

    But apparently it can happen with CPAN-Reporter, too, so it has to be
    something else.
    Perhaps as a consequence of this, none of my reports have shown up on
    their various matrix.cpantesters.org pages.
    This is probably unrelated --- I also have the impression that there's a
    gap between sent reports and the data from *.cpantesters.org.

    Some statistics for Task-CPAN-Reporter-0.002:
    - reports in metabase: 488 (see
       http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Task-CPAN-Reporter%200.002 )
    - reports in *.cpantesters.org: 481 (see
       http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/T/Task-CPAN-Reporter.html#Task-CPAN-Reporter-0.002
       http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Task-CPAN-Reporter%200.002 )
    I know that I had this routine working on my previous default Perl on
    this box, 5.20.0.

    Can anyone advise?

    Thank you very much.
    Jim Keenan
    Regards,
         Slaven

    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de

         Berlin Perl Mongers - http://berlin.pm.org
  • James E Keenan at Dec 16, 2015 at 12:44 pm

[...]

    We're now 10-13 hours from the time these reports were showing up in the
    tail log and they still haven't appeared in the matrix. So I suspect
    that the empty '[]' and the lack of matrix report are associated with
    each other.
    Some statistics for Task-CPAN-Reporter-0.002:
    - reports in metabase: 488 (see
    http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Task-CPAN-Reporter%200.002 )
    - reports in *.cpantesters.org: 481 (see
    http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/T/Task-CPAN-Reporter.html#Task-CPAN-Reporter-0.002
    http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Task-CPAN-Reporter%200.002 )
    I know that I had this routine working on my previous default Perl on
    this box, 5.20.0.

    Can anyone advise?

    Thank you very much.
    Jim Keenan
    Regards,
    Slaven
  • Slaven Rezic at Dec 16, 2015 at 9:42 pm

    James E Keenan writes:
[...]

    Again we can compare

        http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Task-CPAN-Reporter%200.002;reports=1#sl=7,1

    and

        http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Task-CPAN-Reporter%200.002;reports=1#sl=7,1

    The first one represents the cpantesters db and the second one is a
    visualization of the tail log.

    The empty '[]' already happened at 2015-11-15 21:45 (visible in the
    "fast" matrix), but in the "normal" matrix this report is also visible,
    and now the username is correctly set.

    There IS a problem with the metabase->cpantestersdb sync, but probably
    unrelated to the empty '[]'.

    Regards,
         Slaven

    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de
       BBBike - route planner for cyclists in Berlin

[...]

    At the fast-matrix I now see what I believe are my reports:

    http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Parse-Taxonomy;os=darwin;perl=5.22.1;reports=1
    http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=List-Compare;os=darwin;perl=5.22.1;reports=1

    But in each of those the "ID" and "OS Ver" columns are blank.

    At the "regular" matrix, however, I don't (yet) see any sign of those
    reports:

    http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Parse-Taxonomy;perl=5.22.1;reports=1
    http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=List-Compare;perl=5.22.1;reports=1

    Thank you very much.
    Jim Keenan
  • Andreas Koenig at Dec 17, 2015 at 5:30 am
  • James E Keenan at Dec 17, 2015 at 11:28 am

[...]

    The reports have, at last, materialized at the pages listed above. My
    immediate problem is solved, but we don't yet know how the problem
    emerged or how it resolved itself.

    Thank you very much.
    Thank you very much.
    Jim Keenan