Hi Graham,

Regarding this test report:
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/0218d752-8d0d-11e3-a4ba-87efbe8737eb

It appears you have Parse::RecDescent 1.967003 installed, but one of the
dependencies of the distribution being tested is Module::ExtractUse, which
declares a dependency on Parse::RecDescent 1.967009.

https://metacpan.org/source/DOMM/Module-ExtractUse-0.30/META.json#L31

Is your CPAN client properly detecting and processing distribution dependency
information?

cheers,

Karen Etheridge
ether@cpan.org

Search Discussions

  • Graham Crookham at Feb 6, 2014 at 10:09 am
    Hi Karen,

    I've checked the install this morning and couldn't see anything
    obviously wrong apart from an outdated CPAN on that server. The issue
    could well have been in the install of Module::ExtractUse as this was
    showing as being installed but when used would produce the
    Parse::RecDescent error as noted in the report.

    Having upgraded to CPAN v2.00 and re-installed Module::ExtractUse the
    issue seems to have cleared. The smoker is running fine at present and
    getting dependencies as required - I'm going to keep an eye on it during
    the day to see how it performs with other modules.

    Thanks,
    Graham

    It appears you have Parse::RecDescent 1.967003 installed, but one of the
    dependencies of the distribution being tested is Module::ExtractUse, which
    declares a dependency on Parse::RecDescent 1.967009.

    https://metacpan.org/source/DOMM/Module-ExtractUse-0.30/META.json#L31

    Is your CPAN client properly detecting and processing distribution dependency
    information?

    cheers,

    Karen Etheridge
    ether@cpan.org