Hi Nigel,
I noticed that you've been setting AUTHOR_TESTING=1 in your automated
testing system, e.g. in this report:
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/3cda2ae8-3bf6-11e3-b8f6-b09be320165c

If you are to set this flag, you should also install any indicated
'develop' prerequisites, as otherwise the tests cannot be expected to pass,
and the failing report is useless.

e.g. in the report I reference above, all the tests fail because there is
an additional module loaded when AUTHOR_TESTING=1, which is in develop
prereqs but you have failed to install it.

thanks,
Karen Etheridge
ether@cpan.org

Search Discussions

  • Nigel Horne at Nov 4, 2013 at 12:29 am

    Hi Nigel,
    I noticed that you've been setting AUTHOR_TESTING=1 in your automated
    testing system, e.g. in this report:
    http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/3cda2ae8-3bf6-11e3-b8f6-b09be320165c
    That's because it's actually testing my own modules. I wonder if I can
    set AUTHOR_TESTING on my modules, but not on those it loads. Let me
    think about that one.
    If you are to set this flag, you should also install any indicated
    'develop' prerequisites, as otherwise the tests cannot be expected to pass,
    and the failing report is useless.

    e.g. in the report I reference above, all the tests fail because there is
    an additional module loaded when AUTHOR_TESTING=1, which is in develop
    prereqs but you have failed to install it.

    thanks,
    Karen Etheridge
    ether@cpan.org
    -Nigel
  • David Oswald at Nov 4, 2013 at 1:46 am
    Meanwhile it's probably less than ideal to generate FAILs that
    shouldn't. End users might see a smattering of FAILs as a sign that a
    module isn't ready for prime time.

    --

    David Oswald
    daoswald@gmail.com