I haven't seen any other mention of this, so I am not sure what the current
status is -- but are the nightly (~0100 UTC) email cpantesters report
digests working again? I haven't received any since the server upgrade
began on Sept 27.

While it is nice having a bit of a break from the nightly "you broke
something" reminders, I've got serious withdrawal symptoms now ;)

Are there still system upgrades still going on?

Search Discussions

  • Barbie at Oct 22, 2013 at 9:38 pm
    Hi Karen,

    In short yes :)

    Slightly longer version, I still need to configure exim and the underlying
    mechanisms. Unfortunately I have been busy with surveys, work, talks and
    family this last week, so will finish that lot off this weekend hopefully.

    Cheers,
    Barbie.

    --
    Birmingham.pm - http://birmingham.pm.org
    CPAN Testers - http://cpantesters.org

    I haven't seen any other mention of this, so I am not sure what the current
    status is -- but are the nightly (~0100 UTC) email cpantesters report
    digests working again? I haven't received any since the server upgrade
    began on Sept 27.

    While it is nice having a bit of a break from the nightly "you broke
    something" reminders, I've got serious withdrawal symptoms now ;)

    Are there still system upgrades still going on?
  • Barbie at Oct 23, 2013 at 7:10 am
    Hi all,

    I've had a quick look at exim this morning, and the found the config files
    had the wrong permissions, and were configured for only local receipt and
    delivery. Have reconfigured, so hopefully mail should flow again from
    tomorrow morning.

    Thanks,
    Barbie.

    --
[...]

  • Karen Etheridge at Oct 29, 2013 at 4:42 pm

    I've had a quick look at exim this morning, and the found the config files
    had the wrong permissions, and were configured for only local receipt and
    delivery. Have reconfigured, so hopefully mail should flow again from
    tomorrow morning.
    Sadly, that fix does not appear to have been sufficient :(
  • Barbie at Oct 29, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    Hi Karen,

    The problem isn't the CPAN Testers servers, its the develooper server (aka
    the cpan.org/perl.org mail server). Unfortunately, the filters have been
    blocking the mails, but Robert has now reset the configs today, so all
    being well the mails should go through tomorrow morning.

    Thanks,
    Barbie.

    --
    Birmingham.pm - http://birmingham.pm.org
    CPAN Testers - http://cpantesters.org
    YAPC Surveys - http://yapc-surveys.org
    Perl Jam - http://perljam.info

    I've had a quick look at exim this morning, and the found the config files
    had the wrong permissions, and were configured for only local receipt and
    delivery. Have reconfigured, so hopefully mail should flow again from
    tomorrow morning.
    Sadly, that fix does not appear to have been sufficient :(
  • Karen Etheridge at Oct 30, 2013 at 5:33 am

    The problem isn't the CPAN Testers servers, its the develooper server (aka
    the cpan.org/perl.org mail server). Unfortunately, the filters have been
    blocking the mails, but Robert has now reset the configs today, so all
    being well the mails should go through tomorrow morning.
    Success! and many thanks -- it sounded like this upgrade was a killer.

groupcpan-testers-discuss @
categoriesperl
postedOct 22, '13 at 5:21p
activeOct 30, '13 at 5:33a