I just uploaded a new dev release of CPAN::Reporter. Thank you to
Christian and Breno for contributing, and to Breno in particular for
patiently, but persistently prodding me into action.
I'd appreciate if people could try it out. Even if you don't use
CPAN::Reporter, I'd appreciate if you could read through the
documentation and see if what I've said about Metabase makes sense.
1.19_03 2011-06-28 14:44:19 America/New_York
- During configuration, if 'Metabase' is the requested transport and
a Metabase profile file is not found, configuration will offer to
run metabase-profile to create it.
- For Metabase transport (only), the 'id_file' may have a relative
file path, treated as relative to the .cpanreporter directory.
- updated CPAN::Reporter to go with Metabase by default, instead of
the deprecated SMTP transport system. This provides more up-to-date
information for new testers on how to setup their systems and
addresses RT#64316 (and maybe also RT#61735) [Breno G. de Oliveira]
- Replaced use of Tee.pm with Capture::Tiny as the two don't play
well together on some systems. [Christian Walde]
- Docs have been substantially re-written to reflect the new HTTP-based
transport instead of email-based transport. [Breno G. de Oliveira and