Hi Leo,

see:

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/b94e4182-6cf1-1014-89ee-9408196d3973

Why your Win32 tester cannot write to a temporary directory I defined?

CCing to CPAN-Testers-Discuss because I got other failures from various Win32
testers for modules that write to temporary directories and I'd like to get to
the bottom of it.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

  • Christian Walde at Jun 12, 2011 at 8:08 am

    Why your Win32 tester cannot write to a temporary directory I defined?

    CCing to CPAN-Testers-Discuss because I got other failures from various Win32
    testers for modules that write to temporary directories and I'd like to get to
    the bottom of it.
    Wild guess: If there's any XS modules involved there, then it's possible that the perl part of the process has a very strict access lock on the file, preventing the XS library calls from accessing the file.

    --
    With regards,
    Christian Walde

    Let me know the expected content of that file.
    Why your Win32 tester cannot write to a temporary directory I defined?

    CCing to CPAN-Testers-Discuss because I got other failures from various Win32
    testers for modules that write to temporary directories and I'd like to get to
    the bottom of it.

    Regards,

    Shlomi Fish

  • Shlomi Fish at Jun 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm

    Not sure what is going on here, managed to paused the execution and
    see fort.yaml created.

    Let me know the expected content of that file.
    Do the tests pass? This it the important part.

    Regards,

    Shlomi Fish
    Why your Win32 tester cannot write to a temporary directory I
    defined?

    CCing to CPAN-Testers-Discuss because I got other failures from
    various Win32 testers for modules that write to temporary
    directories and I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

    Regards,

    Shlomi Fish

  • Leo Susanto at Jun 17, 2011 at 4:44 pm
    The test failed.

    I don't know what is going on but it's definitely not a problem with
    1. File::Temp (I manipulated 02-eliminate-old-ids.t and put fort.yaml
    file in fixed directory).
    2. I also changed blib\lib\XML\Grammar\Fortune\Synd.pm to open and
    close fort.yaml manually to see if this a problem with YAML::Syck
    DumpFile function. But it's not.

    I have no idea what is going on.

    On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@iglu.org.il>