I recently did a svn update, and attempted to restart my combust.

[combust@esummers combust]$ bin/run_httpd
$x = \{
'perl4lib' => {
'servername' => 'esummers.flr.follett.com'
}
};
/home/combust/apache/conf/startup.pl line 1.
Syntax error on line 266 of /home/combust/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
ServerName takes one argument, The hostname of the server

So I took a peek inside apache/conf/httpd.tmpl and found:

[% FOREACH site = config.sites_list %]
# [% site %]
[% IF config.site.$site.servername;
PROCESS "sites/qa.tmpl";
ELSE %]
# ServerName for [% site %] not configured in combust.conf!
[% END;
END %]

I thought it was odd that 'qa' was hardcoded in there, so I modified it
like so:

[% FOREACH site = config.sites_list %]
# [% site %]
[% IF config.site.$site.servername;
tmplFile = 'sites/' _ site _ '.tmpl';
PROCESS $tmplFile;
ELSE %]
# ServerName for [% site %] not configured in combust.conf!
[% END;
END %]

Perhaps there's a cleaner way to do this, or it's not right anyway. It
did allow me to restart my combust however :)

//Ed

ps. combust++

Search Discussions

  • Robert Spier at Jul 28, 2003 at 6:12 pm

    I thought it was odd that 'qa' was hardcoded in there, so I modified it
    like so:
    You are correct. Ask checked in the broken stuff. As soon as he
    shows up on Jabber, I'll take a chunk out of him :)
    Perhaps there's a cleaner way to do this, or it's not right anyway. It
    did allow me to restart my combust however :)
    It's right :)

    -R
  • Ask Bjørn Hansen at Jul 28, 2003 at 10:53 pm

    I recently did a svn update, and attempted to restart my combust.
    [....]
    I thought it was odd that 'qa' was hardcoded in there, so I modified it
    like so:
    [....]
    Perhaps there's a cleaner way to do this, or it's not right anyway. It
    did allow me to restart my combust however :)
    Your fix is fine. :^) As Robert said, I screwed up. Sorry about that.

    - ask
  • Ed Summers at Jul 29, 2003 at 1:56 pm