Hello All,

I am trying to find out how I can transfer files from one directory on one
server to another directory on another server?

What I need to consider is that I should transfer files that are created
TODAY only. i.e. the folder will look like this:

04/20/2012 <n files>
04/14/2012 <m files>

and if I am running the job today, the script should transfer only the n files
that were created today.

Can anyone please help me out how I should do this?

Regards!

Search Discussions

  • Matthew K at Apr 20, 2012 at 8:17 pm
    How secure is this transfer? Is this server to server within the network, or across the Internet?

    If it remains local, Net::FTP is probably the route you want to go. Just do an $ftp->ls() and do a $ftp->get() on files that match a regex pattern.

    If it is not, then you might want to either PGP encrypt the files or use Net::SFTP::Foreign.

    Matt

    ________________________________
    I am trying to find out how I can transfer files from one directory on one
    server to another directory on another server?

    What I need to consider is that I should transfer files that are created
    TODAY only. i.e. the folder will look like this:

    04/20/2012 <n files>
    04/14/2012 <m files>

    and if I am running the job today, the script should transfer only the n files
    that were created today.

    Can anyone please help me out how I should do this?

    Regards!

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedApr 20, '12 at 7:32p
activeApr 20, '12 at 8:17p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Matthew K: 1 post Shyam Parimal Katti: 1 post