Hi

I am trying to install MediaWiki::Bot module locally on my server (I am
not the admin).
I am trying to use cpan command line interface for this.

I used following options before beginning installation:
o conf makepl_args "LIBS=-L/home/foo/local/lib
INC=-I/home/foo/local/include PREFIX=/home/foo/local/"
o conf commit

It turned out that MediaWiki::Bot requires bunch of other modules that
cpan tries to install. But I see that many of them fail test cases
because they cannot detect each other. For example,

# Failed test at t/warnings_exist.t line 36.
# got: 'Base class package "Tree::DAG_Node" is empty.'

Or they are getting incorrect version (possibly the one thats installed
in /usr/lib/perl)

#.HTML::Entities version 3.28 required--this is only version 1.35 at
/home/foo/.cpan/build/MediaWiki-Bot-3.4.0-X3wY3E/blib/lib/MediaWiki/Bot.pm
line 7.

And due to failed test cases cpan does not install anything.

How do I ensure that cpan uses the modules from /home/foo/local ?
Essentially, I want to override the library preference order. I thought
I was doing that using the o conf makepl_args option. But apparently it
is not working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alok

Search Discussions

  • Shlomi Fish at Jul 23, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    Hi Alok,

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:07:15 -0400
    I am trying to install MediaWiki::Bot module locally on my server (I am
    not the admin).
    I am trying to use cpan command line interface for this.

    I used following options before beginning installation:
    o conf makepl_args "LIBS=-L/home/foo/local/lib
    INC=-I/home/foo/local/include PREFIX=/home/foo/local/"
    o conf commit

    It turned out that MediaWiki::Bot requires bunch of other modules that
    cpan tries to install. But I see that many of them fail test cases
    because they cannot detect each other. For example,

    # Failed test at t/warnings_exist.t line 36.
    # got: 'Base class package "Tree::DAG_Node" is empty.'
    That's because they're not in Perl's @INC path.

    Please use local::lib for that:

    https://metacpan.org/module/local::lib

    See: