I have a perl script but I want to exit it if the uptime on the server
is less then say an hour. Any idea how I would get uptime with perl?

Search Discussions

  • Sheppy R at Dec 17, 2010 at 1:49 am
    http://search.cpan.org/~burak/Sys-Info-Base-0.73/lib/Sys/Info/OS.pm#uptime

    Sys::Info::OS has an uptime() method.
    On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Matt wrote:

    I have a perl script but I want to exit it if the uptime on the server
    is less then say an hour. Any idea how I would get uptime with perl?

  • Jeff Peng at Dec 17, 2010 at 2:24 am

    于 2010-12-17 9:32, Matt 写道:
    I have a perl script but I want to exit it if the uptime on the server
    is less then say an hour. Any idea how I would get uptime with perl?
    $ cat /proc/uptime
    4205976.64 4017280.59

    The first column is the host's uptime seconds.

    Jeff.
  • Katie T at Dec 17, 2010 at 3:22 am

    I have a perl script but I want to exit it if the uptime on the server
    is less then say an hour.  Any idea how I would get uptime with perl?
    $ cat /proc/uptime
    4205976.64 4017280.59

    The first column is the host's uptime seconds.
    /proc/uptime is a linux innovation I believe, other *nix variant may
    not have it (I don't think Solaris does).

    Katie
    --
    CoderStack
    http://www.coderstack.co.uk/perl-jobs

    I have a perl script but I want to exit it if the uptime on the server
    is less then say an hour.  Any idea how I would get uptime with perl?
    $ cat /proc/uptime
    4205976.64 4017280.59

    The first column is the host's uptime seconds.
    /proc/uptime is a linux innovation I believe, other *nix variant may
    not have it (I don't think Solaris does).
    d'oh just read the subject line. ignore me.

    Katie
    --
    CoderStack
    http://www.coderstack.co.uk/perl-jobs
    The Software Developer Job Board
  • Shawn H Corey at Dec 17, 2010 at 3:29 am