Hello all,

Can you please help me in building perl executable in Windows box? I am
currently having issue with the system at office in installing the pacakges
individually or from the ppm. looks like the firewall do not allow me to
install them eventhough I have admin rights for the system.

My script used DBI module, uses some text file for reading, require
parameter in it, tried working with perl2exe, however this requires all the
modules to be installed for this to work. Is there any way I can put this to
an executable.

The reason why I am putting this to executable is the DBI is having the
password in the connection string, which we don't want to share with any of
other users who log to the system and to protect the code.

We are still in the dark searching for the opening, can someone please
shower light to this? Thanks

Vaishak

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Pang at Apr 28, 2010 at 9:13 am

    The reason why I am putting this to executable is the DBI is having the
    password in the connection string, which we don't want to share with any of
    other users who log to the system and to protect the code.

    We are still in the dark searching for the opening, can someone please
    shower light to this? Thanks

    perldoc -q 'hide the source'

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl