Hi

I working with a fairly new install of HPUX with perl 5.8.x trying to
load up Net::SSH::Perl.

The issues is that there is so many module dependancies that when it
starts uploading those dependancies, they just stream by. How does
one capture the modules that didn't load up properly and the
associated error messages so I can go back and try to install those?

Is that information stored in a log?

Mike

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Pang at Oct 13, 2007 at 12:22 pm

    I working with a fairly new install of HPUX with perl 5.8.x trying to
    load up Net::SSH::Perl.

    The issues is that there is so many module dependancies that when it
    starts uploading those dependancies, they just stream by. How does
    one capture the modules that didn't load up properly and the
    associated error messages so I can go back and try to install those?

    Is that information stored in a log?
    Hi,

    If you install the package with CPAN Shell,it will download and
    install all the dependancies packages automatically for you.
    Even if there's a package which can't be installed successfully,cpan
    shell will tell you what happened.

    All you need to do is going with,

    # perl -MCPAN -e shell
    install Some::Module
  • Sisyphus359 at Oct 13, 2007 at 12:36 pm

    I working with a fairly new install of HPUX with perl 5.8.x trying to
    load up Net::SSH::Perl.

    The issues is that there is so many module dependancies that when it
    starts uploading those dependancies, they just stream by. How does
    one capture the modules that didn't load up properly and the
    associated error messages so I can go back and try to install those?

    Is that information stored in a log?
    Can't really answer your question, Mike - and that ridiculously long
    dependency chain killed my interest in that module long ago.

    You might consider using Net::SSH2 instead (if that's a viable
    alternative). It has only one perl dependency (Term::ReadKey) iirc.
    It also needs the libssh2 C library - for which you could google.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  • Mmccaws2 at Oct 14, 2007 at 4:35 pm

    I working with a fairly new install of HPUX with perl 5.8.x trying to
    load up Net::SSH::Perl.
    The issues is that there is so many module dependancies that when it
    starts uploading those dependancies, they just stream by. How does
    one capture the modules that didn't load up properly and the
    associated error messages so I can go back and try to install those?
    Is that information stored in a log?
    Can't really answer your question, Mike - and that ridiculously long
    dependency chain killed my interest in that module long ago.

    You might consider using Net::SSH2 instead (if that's a viable
    alternative). It has only one perl dependency (Term::ReadKey) iirc.
    It also needs the libssh2 C library - for which you could google.

    Cheers,
    Rob
    Thanks Rob

    I'll look into it.