Hello All,
I am a beginner and I am trying to install a bioinformatics
utility(Interproscan) on a Sun Solaris machine. This software is based
on Perl packages and I am having problems installing some specific
perl modules. Can someone help??
I need to install the following perl modules:
Module XML::Parser
Module XML::Quote
Module Mail::Send
Module DB_File
Module IO::Scalar
Module URI::Escape
Module IO::String
-------
I have tried installing as per the instructions on
http://www.rcbowen.com/imho/perl/modules.html#Installing_modules_on_Unix
using CPAN. However I have this error:
Writing Makefile for ---(module)
-- NOT OK
Running make test
Can't test without successful make
Running make install
make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
I had another error that asked me to declare the LIBEXPAT and
LIBEXPATINC path..even after declaring these paths, I could not
install the modules.
----
FYI I am running on Solaris 10
Thanks,
Vivek

Search Discussions

  • Nobull67 at Jul 13, 2007 at 5:16 pm

[...]
    Repeat the install long-hand (rather than using CPAN) so that you can
    see the errors (see link above).
    I had another error that asked me to declare the LIBEXPAT and
    LIBEXPATINC path..even after declaring these paths,
    When you say you declared these variables does that mean you actually
    set them to point to where Expat was installed on your computer?
  • Vivek Menon at Jul 13, 2007 at 7:21 pm
    I did the installation without using CPAN and it's worked somehow.
    there's lot of env variables I set up:
    # setenv PATH \
    /usr/sfw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
    # setenv PATH \
    ${PATH}:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin:/opt/sfw/bin:.
    # setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
    /usr/sfw/lib:/usr/local/lib:/opt/sfw/lib

    the XML::Parser was the only one that required the expat link. the
    remaining were easy to install as per the README file.
    I think CPAN looks for a lot of env variables that I am not aware of.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Vivek

[...]
  • Jefferson Kirkland at Jul 13, 2007 at 5:20 pm

[...]
    I don't want to make any assumptions, so can you please tell me whether you
    are doing the "perl Makefile.pl" method or the CPAN method?

    Regards,

    Jeff
  • Jefferson Kirkland at Jul 13, 2007 at 6:15 pm