Hello,

I am using Term::ReadKey with the ReadLine function, is there a way to
pass my input to the shell ?

So if I type in ls and hit enter, it will pass my commands to the shell
to be executed ?

Michael

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Bätzler at Jul 24, 2006 at 6:36 am

    Michael Gale asked:
    I am using Term::ReadKey with the ReadLine function, is
    there a way to pass my input to the shell ?
    Have a look at system(), and the perlipc manpage.

    HTH,
    Thomas
  • Michael Gale at Jul 25, 2006 at 12:18 am
    Hello,

    This will not work as my system will block on the command until it is
    done. I want / need the script to continue catching the input.

    Michael

    Thomas Bätzler wrote:
    Michael Gale <michael.gale@bluesuperman.com> asked:
    I am using Term::ReadKey with the ReadLine function, is
    there a way to pass my input to the shell ?

    Have a look at system(), and the perlipc manpage.

    HTH,
    Thomas

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedJul 23, '06 at 9:35p
activeJul 25, '06 at 12:18a
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Michael Gale: 2 posts Thomas Bätzler: 1 post