need to
print the out on my web page - how to do it ? any idea ?

I posted this query few back - but still I couldnt do it :(

  • Jeff Peng at Jun 24, 2006 at 1:22 pm
    I once did the things like you said.I wrote a socket server on another
    host,then my cgi scripts put the requests to remot socket server,got the
    results from socket server and print the results to clients' browser.

    From: "I BioKid" <ibiokid@gmail.com>
    To: beginners@perl.org
    Subject: CGI Script to pass a file to different servers
    Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:09:58 +0530

    hi all,
    I need to pass a file from a cgi program to another remote cgipgms and I

    --
  • I BioKid at Jun 26, 2006 at 11:36 am
    Hi all,

    I once did the things like you said.I wrote a socket server on another
    host,then my cgi scripts put the requests to remot socket server,got the
    results from socket server and print the results to clients' browser.

    I need to pass a file from a cgi program to another remote cgipgms and I
    need to
    print the out on my web page - how to do it ? any idea ?

    I posted this query few back - but still I couldnt do it :(

  • JupiterHost.Net at Jun 26, 2006 at 1:53 pm

    I BioKid wrote:
    Hi all,
    Her am not able to do socket programming :(
    Any other solutions ?
    Net::FTP

    RSYNC, SCP, etc etc,

    Not really sure what you're trying to do...
  • William Paulsen \(W\) at Jun 28, 2006 at 7:16 am
    Jeff,

    I you did do it, where's your advice to BioKid?

    tks

    I need to pass a file from a cgi program to another remote cgipgms and I
    need to
    print the out on my web page - how to do it ? any idea ?

    I posted this query few back - but still I couldnt do it :(

    This e-mail and its contents are subject to the Telkom SA Limited
    e-mail legal notice available at
    http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF
  • Jeff Peng at Jun 28, 2006 at 7:47 am

    Jeff,

    If you did do it, where's your advice to BioKid?
    I don't know the special situation for him.But for me,I would rather write a
    simple socket server to accept the requests from CGI and return the results
    to it.But if BioKid want to transmit a file to remote host,I think the other
    modules like Ftp,Scp,Rsync would be better.
  • I BioKid at Jun 30, 2006 at 10:25 am
    Hi all - I woder why am always having some trivial problems to solve ???
    I can explain what am lloking for in detail.

    Say, We have 3 inhouse web servers and 2 remote web servers.
    All of this web server accept same type of files as input : say foo.txt
    (these file contain some data and the 5 web server will process it and gives
    its respective results)
    Now, we are planning to integrate these 5 server in to a single form (web
    page)
    (so that the users dont need to visit all the 5 web pages)
    But, my doubt is how I will pass this single file to different server ?
    (I am a 3/10 in perl and CGI - that means I just know how to use module, how
    to run a cgi kind of stuf - thats why am not able to try with socket
    programing or related high-end stuff )
    --
    I was thinking about this problem and I got one simple solution :
    1. Provide a check box + file upload details on page one of new server

    ---
    Eagerly waitng for ur invaluable suggestion.
    ibikid

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedJun 24, '06 at 11:40a