How can I tell the HPUX 11.11 system to not use it default C compiler
/usr/bin/cc but instead use gcc version 4.1.1?

I manually edited the Makefile to point CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc but I get
the errors below:

Do I need an ANSI C compiler?

Please advise!

Thank you

Derek

As root:

# make

Manifying ../blib/man3/Proc::ProcessTable::Process.3

/usr/local/bin/gcc -c -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_REENTRANT
-Ae -D_H

PUX_SOURCE -Wl,+vnocompatwarnings -DNO_HASH_SEED -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFF

SET_BITS=64 -fast +Onolimit +Opromote_indirect_calls +DAportable +DS2.0
-DVER

SION=\"0.40\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.40\" +Z
"-I/opt/perl/lib/5.8.2/PA-RISC1.1-thread

-multi/CORE" ProcessTable.c

gcc: +Onolimit: No such file or directory

gcc: +Opromote_indirect_calls: No such file or directory

gcc: +DAportable: No such file or directory

gcc: +DS2.0: No such file or directory

gcc: +Z: No such file or directory

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fast"

*** Error exit code 1

Here is my cc version info:

# cc -V -v derek.c junk

(Bundled) cc: NLSPATH is
/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat:/usr/lib/nls/msg/C/%N.cat:

(Bundled) cc: CCOPTS is not set.

(Bundled) cc: INCLUDIR is INCLUDIR=/usr/include

/usr/ccs/lbin/cpp derek.c /var/tmp/ctmAAAa01455 -$ -D__hp9000s800
-D__hppa -D__h

pux -D__unix -V -D_ILP32 -D_PA_RISC2_0 -D__CLASSIC_C__ -j

(Bundled) cc: Entering Preprocessor.

cpp: HP92453-01 B.11.11.02 HP C (Bundled) Preprocessor

/usr/ccs/lbin/ccom /var/tmp/ctmAAAa01455 derek.o -Fderek.c -V

ccom: HP92453-01 A.11.01.21 HP C (Bundled) Compiler

(Bundled) cc: "derek.c", line 1: warning 501: Empty source file.

(Bundled) cc: LPATH is /usr/lib:/opt/langtools/lib:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld /usr/ccs/lib/crt0.o -u main -V derek.o junk -lc

(Bundled) cc: Entering Link editor.

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: 92453-07 linker linker ld B.11.40 040530

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't open junk

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: No such file or directory

Derek Bellner Smith

Unix Systems Engineer

Cardinal Health Dublin, Ohio

Cardinal Health -- Working together. For life. (sm)

Dansk - Deutsch - Espanol - Francais - Italiano - Japanese - Nederlands - Norsk - Portuguese - Svenska: www.cardinalhealth.com/legal/email

Search Discussions

  • Tom Phoenix at Jun 15, 2006 at 7:21 pm