I am trying to get a single character input from the command window
without requiring the user to hit enter. I have read in several places
that using stty and getc is not the best way to do this. Is there
another way that to do this that I am not finding? I am using windows
XP and perl 5.8.

Thanks for you time!

David R. DiGregorio

Vocollect

703 Rodi Road

Pittsburgh, PA 15235

P. 412-349-2440

ddigregorio@vocollect.com

-CONFIDENTIAL, PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION-

This e-mail transmission is private and intended for the addressee(s)
only. It may contain information that is privileged and/or
confidential. If you have received this transmission in error, you are
not authorized to read, copy, disclose or disseminate it in any manner.
If you have received it in error, please delete it and all copies
(including backup copies) that have been made, and transmit a reply
message informing the sender that it was misdirected.

Search Discussions

  • Mr. Shawn H. Corey at Apr 4, 2006 at 1:58 pm

    I am trying to get a single character input from the command window
    without requiring the user to hit enter. I have read in several places
    that using stty and getc is not the best way to do this. Is there
    another way that to do this that I am not finding? I am using windows
    XP and perl 5.8.
    There is a blurb about this in POSIX; see `perldoc POSIX` and search for
    'POSIX::Termios'. You could also downlaod Term::Readkey from CPAN
    <http://search.cpan.org/~jstowe/TermReadKey-2.30/> It is easier to
    follow.

    --
    __END__

    Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
    --- Shawn

    "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
    Aristotle

    * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl