Hi all. I originally posted this to the Gtk2-Perl mailing list, but got
a total of 0 answers ...

I'm trying to do an install of a Gtk2-Perl setup on Windows 2000, but not getting anywhere :(

I've installed Gtk2 binaries and Perl and all modules ( for Gtk2, using the
latest Win32 binaries from the gtk2-perl website ) as a user ( Windows 2000 Power User on a Windows
NT domain ). Gtk2 bindings for Perl ... by themself ... work perfectly.
However, I'm having *great* difficulty with the Gtk2::GladeXML module.
No matter what I do do file / folder permissions ( eg
remove all permissions, and add 'Full Control' to 'Everyone', and make
these permissions propogate to children, I keep getting:

Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Gtk2/GladeXML/GladeXML.dll' for module
Gtk2::GladeXML: load_file:Access is denied at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm
line 230

I've also tried pretty much everything with respect to the permission of
this particular file ( GladeXML.dll ). Trust me when I say that I have full permission to this file :)

I've had this problem before, but
frigging around with file / folder permissions got me working then ...
it doesn't seem to do it for me this time though.

If I run as administrator, or modify the profile of the user and make them an administrator, then the app works fine.
Otherwise as a user, I simply can't load the Gtk2::GladeXML module.

Any ideas?

Dan

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS
------------------------------------------------------If you are not the CanIt administrator and you think this

Spam: http://entropy.homelinux.org/canit/b.php?c=s&i=38154&m=68128e9d82ae
Not spam: http://entropy.homelinux.org/canit/b.php?c=n&i=38154&m=68128e9d82ae
Forget vote: http://entropy.homelinux.org/canit/b.php?c=f&i=38154&m=68128e9d82ae
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Search Discussions

  • Chas Owens at Feb 6, 2006 at 2:06 pm
    If I run as administrator, or modify the profile of the user and make
    them an administrator, then the app works fine. Otherwise as a user,
    I simply can't load the Gtk2::GladeXML module.

    Any ideas?
    snip

    I think the fact above is why you are getting no answers. This
    fundamentally an OS problem not a Perl problem. That said, have you
    checked the permissions of the entire directory chain? The other
    possibility is that the Gtk2::GladeXML XS code is trying to open a
    file that the user has no permissions to. I don't remember anything
    like that, but it has been years since I looked at the code. What
    version are you using?
  • Chas Owens at Feb 6, 2006 at 2:20 pm

    If I run as administrator, or modify the profile of the user and make
    them an administrator, then the app works fine. Otherwise as a user,
    I simply can't load the Gtk2::GladeXML module.

    Any ideas?
    snip

    I think the fact above is why you are getting no answers. This
    fundamentally an OS problem not a Perl problem. That said, have you
    checked the permissions of the entire directory chain? The other
    possibility is that the Gtk2::GladeXML XS code is trying to open a
    file that the user has no permissions to. I don't remember anything
    like that, but it has been years since I looked at the code. What
    version are you using?
    I just took a look at version 1.005 and I see no code that runs at
    load time past the standard

    sub import {
    my $class = shift;
    $class->VERSION (@_);
    }.

    Which doesn't touch any files. I would say that this is an OS problem.

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedFeb 6, '06 at 11:24a
activeFeb 6, '06 at 2:20p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Chas Owens: 2 posts Daniel Kasak: 1 post