Hi Anand,

I fear that you will have to run our perl-script or any other ftp-script
remote on one of your servers, if you are bound to the ftp-protocol.
The only alternative is to copy it first to your desktop and then to the
second server.
Sorry but ftp is a protocol between two points.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Manfred Beilfuss

Anand.V@gxs.c
om An: beginners@perl.org
Kopie:
20.07.2004 Thema: FTPing of files between remote servers.
15:09

Hi All,

I am using following code to transfer a file from remote host to local
system.

sub transferEJSFiles{

$ftp = Net::FTP->new($sourceServer, Timeout => 30) or die "Can't
contact $sourceServer: $!";

$ftp->login($sourceUser,$sourcePassword) or die "Can't login
($sourceUser):", $ftp->message;

$ftp->cwd("/home/clients/pvcs/adk/Installables/$ejsVersion/ejs/solaris/")
or
die "Cannot change working directory ", $ftp->message;

$ftp->binary() or die "Cannot Convert to Binary Mode ",
$ftp->message;

$ftp->get
("setup","$ejsTargetRoot/$ejsVersion/ejs/solaris/setup") or
die "get failed for setup", $ftp->message;

$ftp->cdup() or die "Can't moveup to parent directory : ",
$ftp->message;

$ftp->get("archive.dat","$ejsTargetRoot/$ejsVersion/ejs/archive.dat") or
die
"get failed for archive", $ftp->message;

$ftp->quit;
}

Could some suggest how can i transfer a file from one remote host to
another
remote host using FTP module. Is there any way of doing this . Please guide
me

Regards
Anand

Search Discussions

  • Anand V at Jul 20, 2004 at 1:58 pm
    Hi Manfred Beilfuss,

    Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate on running your perl-script or any
    other ftp-script remote script .

    Thanks & Best Regards,

[...]

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedJul 20, '04 at 1:38p
activeJul 20, '04 at 1:58p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Manfred Beilfuss: 1 post Anand V: 1 post