Hi Friends,

I want to install the modules available in CPAN. When I typed "rep" at ppm
command prompt, I got the following repositories.

Repositories:
[1] ActiveState PPM2 Repository
[2] ActiveState Package Repository

To add CPAN into repository, I typed the below command

ppm> rep add "CPAN" http://search.cpan.org/
Repositories:
[1] ActiveState PPM2 Repository
[2] ActiveState Package Repository
[3] CPAN

Now, the CPAN is added, but I am unable to install the modules in CPAN.
When I tried to install DBD::Oracle, I am getting the following error

ppm> install DBD::Oracle
Missing base argument at c:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 174

Please help me to configure CPAN in repository and install DBD::Oracle
directly from PPM.

Thanks in advance,
Mallik.

Search Discussions

  • Ricardo SIGNES at Mar 22, 2004 at 11:57 am
    * Mallik [2004-03-20T09:11:17]
    To add CPAN into repository, I typed the below command

    ppm> rep add "CPAN" http://search.cpan.org/
    The CPAN is not a PPM repository. This will never work.

    --
    rjbs

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl