hi

i am on macosx 10.2

i am creating file.txt with otherfile.pl

i would like to open file.txt in the app TextEdit through otherfile.pl

i have just installed Mac::Apps::Launch
but that is just capable of launching TextEdit ( to my knowledge )
and not opening file.txt

is there a way of creating a text file and at the same time open it in
TextEdit ?

[ please paste me into any possible reply since i am digested ]

thanks
jmcs3

Search Discussions

  • James Edward Gray II at Jan 4, 2004 at 1:30 am

    i am creating file.txt with otherfile.pl

    i would like to open file.txt in the app TextEdit through otherfile.pl
    There is a command line app called 'open' you can shell out to for
    this. I'm not sure if it's part of the Mac OS X install or the
    Developer tools though, so if you don't find it try installing the
    tools.
    i have just installed Mac::Apps::Launch
    but that is just capable of launching TextEdit ( to my knowledge )
    and not opening file.txt

    is there a way of creating a text file and at the same time open it in
    TextEdit ?
    See if this one-liner gets you going:

    perl -e 'system "open -a TextEdit file.txt"'

    Good luck.

    James

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl