I need to convert times in a piece of text to dfifferent formats

The formats are

24 hour clock as hh:mm 09:35 17:05
24 hour clock as hhmmhrs 0935hrs 1705hrs
12 hour clock hh.mm am or pm 9.35am 5.05pm

The application is to have a web form with a large text area for the text to
be processed an other suitable input fields to select the format required
and trigger the change.
For examples you can
choose to change 24 hour clock to change to 12 hour clock

or 12 hour clock to 24 hour clock as hhmmhrs

so all the times in the text area will be change to there respected choise

I am new to perl but like it very much I think I have to use subtiution
expressions

Please can I get some advice from someone as soon as posible

Thanks

Regards Flare

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

groupbeginners @