I am on win2k, active perl 5.6.1 system.

I downloaded the ReadKey module, (all the packet of Term-Readkey-2-21)

I gave perl MakeFile.pl and i recieved writing MakeFile

then i set make, and it says that there is not target file

Search Discussions

  • Hanson, Rob at Sep 2, 2003 at 3:38 pm
    If you are on Windows with AS-Perl, you should use there version of ReadKey.
    I might be wrong, but I think that module includes some C code. So unless
    you have C++ and compiled Perl yourself, you want to use the AS version of
    the module, which will be pre-compiled for you.

    The AS module list for 5.6 is here:
    http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/6xx-builds-only/

    You can use ppm to automate the installation (ppm install TermReadKey)
    without downloading it... or download and read the README for a local
    install.
    it says that there is not target file
    Don't use "make" on Windows with AS-Perl, use "nmake" instead (the reason
    for the error). You can search Google for it, or maybe someone here has it
    bookmarked. It is available from MS's site, and also comes with their C++
    (I think).

    Rob