I have just read in an html file to a variable
$htmlpg...I want to extract the CSS information from
it, basically between (and including) <style
type="text/css"> and </style>

so I use:
$htmlpg =~ /style*?\/style/
but matching would fail...how come?

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Search Discussions

  • Zsdc at Aug 30, 2003 at 5:22 pm

    Ling F. Zhang wrote:

    I have just read in an html file to a variable
    $htmlpg...I want to extract the CSS information from
    it, basically between (and including) <style
    type="text/css"> and </style>

    so I use:
    $htmlpg =~ /style*?\/style/
    but matching would fail...how come?
    It will match things like e.g. "oldstyle/stylers" which is probably not
    what you want. See perlrequick(1), perlretut(1) and perlre(1) manpages:

    http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/perlrequick.html
    http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/perlretut.html
    http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/perlre.html

    --
    ZSDC Perl and Systems Security Consulting

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedAug 30, '03 at 3:01a
activeAug 30, '03 at 5:22p