I have a database file with multiple entries which is an output from a now
extinct SQL database.
I've edited it in the past using Access, but want to create a perl script
which will allow me to change the values for this one file (which I can then
send out to our remote computers).
Currently trying to search CPAN for "microsoft access", but don't know if
I'm heading in the right direction.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated

kind regards,

DerekB

Meteor web site http://www.meteor.ie

  • Edgar Pigg at Jul 28, 2003 at 3:03 pm
    DerekB,

    You need to take a look at Win32::ODBC if you are on a MS system. Set
    up your access database as an ODBC source.
    I've edited it in the past using Access, but want to create a perl
    script
    which will allow me to change the values for this one file (which I
    can then
    send out to our remote computers).
    Currently trying to search CPAN for "microsoft access", but don't
    know if
    I'm heading in the right direction.
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated
    ------------------------
    Edgar Pigg
    Quest Information Systems 847 234-1345

groupbeginners @