Thanks for any help.

Ken

Search Discussions

  • Jenda Krynicky at Jun 19, 2003 at 10:09 am
    From: Jensen Kenneth B SrA AFPC/DPDMPQ <Kenneth.Jensen@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
    I have written a script which I would like to set up as an 'at' job on
    windows 2000. The script transfers files from a remote UNIX server and
    places them on a mapped network drive. My problem is that when the at
    job runs it does not have access to mapped drives for particular
    users.

    Does anyone know of a module for doing something like this? Or will I
    need to use system commands to map the drive at run time via
    system();?

    I've been searching cpan but haven't found anything.
    You may map drives using Win32::FileOp, Win32::AdminMisc,
    Win32::Lanman or Win32::NetResource, but you do not really have to.
    You may use the UNCs and copy the files directly from
    \\the_uniserver\share\directory to
    \\the_local_server\share\directory.

    Jenda

    ===== Jenda@Krynicky.cz === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
    -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery
  • Manfred Beilfuss at Jun 20, 2003 at 9:27 am
    Hi kenneth,

    you may try win32::AdminMisc ! It has a module logon where you can specify
    uid/passwd. Then you will have the users mappings.

    Being myself a perl beginner, I encountered problems to run it.
    Possibly you do better and succeed in installing it?

    Best regards

    Manfred Beilfuss

    Deutsche Vermögensberatung AG

    IT-Systemmanagement / DBA

    Münchener Straße 1
    60329 Frankfurt

    Tel.: +49 (69) 2384 - 639

    Mailto:Manfred.Beilfuss@dvag.com

    Intern bitte Notes-Kürzel dba-intel verwenden!

    Hiermit erreichen Sie die DBA-Gruppe für den Bereich der Intel-Maschinen!