I am trying to use PGP to decrypt an encrypted file and store the
standard output of the decryption into several hashes so that I can use
the hashes in a password recall script.

Example: if you put in a servers name it will tell you the password for
that server. the server will be associated with a group letter and group
letter will be associated to the password.

my biggest issue is getting the decrypted file loaded in the hashes.

any help is appreciated.

Bill Hodgkinson
UNIX Systems Administrator
Head Quarters Global Operations
g GE Medical Systems
I Don't know where I am going but there's no sense in being late! No
matter where you go, there you are.

Search Discussions

  • Wiggins d'Anconia at Feb 6, 2003 at 11:19 pm
    A bit confused...

    Hodgkinson, Bill (MED) wrote:
    I am trying to use PGP to decrypt an encrypted file and store the
    standard output of the decryption into several hashes so that I can use
    the hashes in a password recall script.
    Are you saying you want to call pgp command line and store what it
    prints to STDOUT (messages, etc.) to the hash, or you want to store the
    decrypted/encrypted text to the hashes? Why would you store the whole
    decrypted file into the hash, or more specifically how do you intend to
    store it across multiple hash keys?
    Example: if you put in a servers name it will tell you the password for
    that server. the server will be associated with a group letter and group
    letter will be associated to the password.

    my biggest issue is getting the decrypted file loaded in the hashes.

    any help is appreciated.
    Does the decrypted file contain the contents (one per line, for
    instance) of what you are storing???

    If you can post more specifics/examples, what you have tried, etc. more
    help can probably be provided.

    http://danconia.org
  • Wiggins d'Anconia at Feb 6, 2003 at 11:20 pm
    p.s. Providing your version of PGP and what environment you are running
    this in may help as well. For instance GnuPG on Linux RH 8.0, NAI PGP on
    Win 2000....

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedFeb 6, '03 at 7:36p