Are there any other PPM repositories worth noting other than the
standard ActiveState ones? (I know about the Mod_Perl one)

Thanks
Nigel

ITM Business Solutions
Unit 4
Nine Trees Trading Estate
Morthen Road
Rotherham
S66 9JG

Reception
Tel: 01709 703288
Fax: 01709 701549

Help Desk
Tel:01709 530424
Fax: 01709 702159

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of
under applicable law.

Search Discussions

  • Elaine -HFB- Ashton at Jul 3, 2002 at 3:11 pm
    Nigel Peck [Nigel.Peck@itm-solutions.co.uk] quoth:
    *>Are there any other PPM repositories worth noting other than the
    *>standard ActiveState ones? (I know about the Mod_Perl one)

    Since I don't do Wintel I don't know much about PPM but I'm aware of a few
    things that may be helpful.

    CPANPLUS is a 'still-in-development' replacement for the current CPAN.pm
    and it also has a feature for making packages, including PPM. You can try
    it at your own risk but I'm sure the dev team would appreciate any
    constructive feedback should you find the PPM package maker doesn't do
    what it should.

    http://cpanplus.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/04/30/cpants.html

    The latter discussees the testing interface.

    http://jenda.krynicky.cz/
    http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html

    are also good resources.

    One can also complain to ActiveState since it is their product afterall
    and they may be more responsive if more people expressed an interest in a
    current PPM archive. I know that one of the AS people _does_ keep such an
    archive somewhere inside the organisation, but I don't recall if it is
    publicly available or not. It may be just part of the 'premium' service
    they sell but it can't hurt to ask about it.

    e.
  • Timothy Johnson at Jul 3, 2002 at 3:23 pm
    Dave Roth has a repository with a few very useful modules, like
    Win32::AdminMisc and Win32::Daemon at http://www.roth.net/perl/packages.

    Jenda Krynicky hosts some useful modules on his site, including
    Win32::Lanman and Mail::Sender at http://jenda.krynicky.cz/perl. The
    Win32::Lanman available via PPM here is one minor revision behind the one on
    CPAN, though, right now.