Dear Jenda and all,

I have been trying to access the Repositories and even after setting the
HTTP_Proxy to the Proxy server as "http://191.1.32.***:
<http://191.1.32.***:> 8080"...it has not worked.

C:\Perl\repository>ppm
PPM interactive shell (2.1.5) - type 'help' for available commands.
PPM> search
Error connecting to
'http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPM
Server'.

Is the Firewall the problem ?

Then i just tried Repository Describe and I noticed that the "Type:" is
Unsupported as you would see below. Is this the problem ? if so how do i
work around this ? Is it possible to set the Type ?

ppm> rep des 1
Warning: 501 Protocol scheme '' is not supported
Describing Repository 1:
Name: ActiveState PPM2 Repository
Location: http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServer
<http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServer>
Type: unsupported
ppm> search
No search result sets -- provide a search term.
ppm> rep des 1
Warning: 501 Protocol scheme '' is not supported
Describing Repository 1:
Name: ActiveState PPM2 Repository
Location: http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServer
<http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServer>
Type: unsupported
ppm> rep des 2
Warning: 501 Protocol scheme '' is not supported
Describing Repository 2:
Name: ActiveState Package Repository
Location:
http://ppm-ia.ActiveState.com/PPM/ppmserver.plex?urn:/PPM/Server/SQL
<http://ppm-ia.ActiveState.com/PPM/ppmserver.plex?urn:/PPM/Server/SQL>
Type: unsupported
ppm>

Please help me...Hoping to hear from you all your ideas.

Regards,
manoj

Search Discussions

  • Jenda Krynicky at Jun 3, 2002 at 2:05 pm
    From: Manoj Jacob <mj@itpi.co.in>
    Dear Jenda and all,

    I have been trying to access the Repositories and even after setting
    the HTTP_Proxy to the Proxy server as "http://191.1.32.***:
    <http://191.1.32.***:> 8080"...it has not worked.
    My repository was down due to a hardware failure. Sorry about that.

    Jenda

    =========== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
    It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
    I can't find it.
    --- me

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedJun 3, '02 at 7:31a
activeJun 3, '02 at 2:05p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Manoj Jacob: 1 post Jenda Krynicky: 1 post