Dear Team

I am getting the following error in starting a perl service which is created
by my script.

Error:
error 2186 :The service is not responding to the control function

Event Deatails:

Event ID:7009,
Source: Service Control Manager
Timeout (120000 milliseconds) waiting for service to connect.

Please suggest/help me if you have any IDEAS.

Thanx and Regards
Rajuveera

Search Discussions

  • Jenda Krynicky at Sep 7, 2001 at 9:12 am

    I am getting the following error in starting a perl service which is
    created by my script.

    Error:
    error 2186 :The service is not responding to the control function

    Event Deatails:

    Event ID:7009,
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Timeout (120000 milliseconds) waiting for service to connect.
    Your script has to tell the service manager that is started. And you
    did not.

    Are you using Win32::Daemon or PerlSvc to create the service?

    You need to use one of them or run your script via srvany.exe.

    Jenda

    == Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==
    : What do people think?
    What, do people think? :-)