Hi all,

I'm a newbie in this field and this is my first time to ask somebody this
way. If I post here wrong, please let me know. Thanks!

The problem is what I want to fetch some graphic files from a website and
then automatically save somewhere in my machine. I would like to use perl to
do this. I just know how to fetch a text-based document like .html file. But
I have no any idea to fetch graphics, please help!

By the way, how to fetch a document like these extensions: .php, .asp, .cfm
or .shtml etc.? Any idea?

Thank You!

Search Discussions

  • Rob Dixon at Sep 5, 2001 at 11:46 am
    It's really easy using the LWP packages. For instance:

    use LWP::Simple;

    getstore ('http://www.perl.org/Images/title.gif', 'title.gif');

    will fetch you a camel.

    Cheers,

    Rob

    I'm a newbie in this field and this is my first time to ask somebody this
    way. If I post here wrong, please let me know. Thanks!

    The problem is what I want to fetch some graphic files from a website and
    then automatically save somewhere in my machine. I would like to use perl to
    do this. I just know how to fetch a text-based document like .html file. But
    I have no any idea to fetch graphics, please help!

    By the way, how to fetch a document like these extensions: .php, .asp, .cfm
    or .shtml etc.? Any idea?

    Thank You!

  • Ss98 at Sep 6, 2001 at 3:21 am
    Rob, Thank you very much!!