I am trying out a PERL monitoring tool called Karma for several HP-UX
machines with Oracle databases.

I installed Perl 5.6.1 and the DBI and DBD modules on an HP-UX 11.0 system
(After finding a great README.hpux on the DBD module). perl Makefile.pl,
make, make test, and make install (as root) ran fine.

When I try to start Karma with '$ bin/karmactl -s -c karma.conf' I receive
the following message:

main::printHelp() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl line
93.
main::startKarma() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl line
99.
main::checkRunning() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl
line 116.
main::refreshKarma() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl
line 119.
main::stopKarma() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl line
122.
main::reloadKarma() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl line
131.
main::statusKarma() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl line
133.
main::cleanupKarma() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl
line 140.
main::printHelp() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl line
143.
main::get_pid() called too early to check prototype at bin/karmactl line
113.
Missing braces on \N{} at bin/karmactl line 360, within pattern
Execution of bin/karmactl aborted due to compilation errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Lance