Perl Guru's,

I need to make some 250 one line changes (add port security) on a
Cisco Router. I can build the commands with no problem, but I have
never connected to a Cicso with Perl before.

What module would I use? Net::Telnet?

TIA

--
Tim@Musson.net
Using The Bat! eMail v1.53d

Search Discussions

  • Craig S Monroe at Jul 13, 2001 at 5:38 pm
    Tim,
    I wasn't connecting to a Cisco, but I used IO::Socket, I found the
    Net:Telnet Package needed
    more info about prompting,etc that I didn't have time look at. Ultimately,
    I think between the
    two, you could decide which one better suits your needs.

    Craig
    cmonroe11@mediaone.net
    Pager
    Numeric: 1-877-895-3558
    Email pager: 8778953558@skytel.com
    You will never find time for anything.
    If you want time, you must make it.

    Charles Buxton

    I need to make some 250 one line changes (add port security) on a
    Cisco Router. I can build the commands with no problem, but I have
    never connected to a Cicso with Perl before.

    What module would I use? Net::Telnet?

    TIA

    --
    Tim@Musson.net
    Using The Bat! eMail v1.53d
    Windows NT 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 1)
    MS Windows -- From the people who brought you EDLIN!

  • Gary Stainburn at Jul 14, 2001 at 8:21 am
    One posibility is to ignore the prompting, and effective write a send/expect
    script using print and get methods.

    Gary