Hi there

Scuse any netiquette errors - I'm new to mailing lists so I'm a bit shaky on
the rules.

Use an external style sheet to hold your css information then all you need
to do is add the following line to your perl code in the head tags in the
html output

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="mystyle.css" />

to put this into a perl context

print <<endofhtm;
Content-type:text/html
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="mystyle.css" />
</head>
****output of search results here****
endofhtm

mystyle.css is basically just a text file containing your style sheet info.
You can add the style reference to any html output to apply the same style
to any document. It also allows you to update your whole site with a new
style sheet just by editing one document.

Hope this helps

Rick