Perl guru's,

Looking for any examples of using the "stty -echo" command with the the
expect perl module. I'm trying to spawn an ssh session and use an encrypted
password from a flat file. The only problem is hiding the output from the
expect session. Is it possible to make the password hidden when the script
automatically prompts for the password? The encrypted file contains only
the password, and it continues to echo the encryped password on the line
following the spawned ssh session.

Thanks for any help....

Pheel

Search Discussions

  • King, Jason at Apr 24, 2001 at 12:44 am
    Matt Blatchley writes ..
    Looking for any examples of using the "stty -echo" command with the
    the expect perl module. I'm trying to spawn an ssh session and use an
    encrypted password from a flat file. The only problem is hiding the
    output from the expect session. Is it possible to make the password
    hidden when the script automatically prompts for the password? The
    encrypted file contains only the password, and it continues to echo the
    encryped password on the line following the spawned ssh session.
    caveat: I've never used Expect and rarely use UNIX

    in the Expect documentation that I just read briefly I see reference to two
    methods and a package variable which seem to be relevant

    $object->exp_stty(@stty_modes)
    $object->manual_stty(0, 1, or undef)

    $Expect::Manual_Stty;

    you might check those out - if you haven't already

    you might also consider posting the question to the comp.lang.perl.misc
    newsgroup .. because it definitely qualifies as a non-beginner question

    --
    jason king

    No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild
    onions" in West Virginia. - http://dumblaws.com/

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedApr 23, '01 at 5:15p
activeApr 24, '01 at 12:44a
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Matt Blatchley: 1 post King, Jason: 1 post