I need to create simple perl programs that modify
user's password on linux machine (using # usermod)
but I dunno how to use its pass encryption
thanx
or maybe there's another better approach on this

regards

gaga

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Search Discussions

  • Brent Michalski at Apr 17, 2001 at 12:00 pm
    Keep in mind that the crypt() function is ONE WAY! You can encrypt, but
    not decrypt.

    This may sound useless, but what you do is to encrypt what the user sends,
    ecrypt it, then compare the encrpted version with the encrypted password.
    If the two match, then the password was correct.

    Type:

    perldoc -f crypt

    at a shell prompt to see how to use the crypt function.

    Good luck,
    Brent

    gaga <blievedno1@yahoo.com>
    Sent by: To: beginners@perl.org
    beginners-return-41-Brent_Michalski=mastercard.co cc:
    m@perl.org Subject: how to use crypt() function to
    encrypt and decrypt shell user pass

    04/16/01 07:47 PM