Grokbase Groups Perl ai May 2007
i'm getting this:

Can't locate object method "predict" via package
"Algorithm::NaiveBayes::Model::
Frequency" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AI/Categorizer/Learner/NaiveBayes.p
m line 28.

when trying to get hypoteses.. for a new doc....

anyone know if this is a silly one?

Thanks in advance

Saludos, Ignacio J. Ortega
Technical manager
http://www.derecho.com/

Search Discussions

  • Ken Williams at Jun 7, 2007 at 2:22 am
    Hi Ignacio,

    Is this when loading a pre-trained categorizer from a saved file?
    This is a known problem, but I haven't settled on a good solution.

    A simple workaround is to just put:

    use Algorithm::NaiveBayes::Model::Frequency;

    in the script that's currently failing.

    -Ken

    Can't locate object method "predict" via package
    "Algorithm::NaiveBayes::Model::
    Frequency" at
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AI/Categorizer/Learner/NaiveBayes.p
    m line 28.

    when trying to get hypoteses.. for a new doc....

    anyone know if this is a silly one?
  • Ignacio J. Ortega Lopera at Jun 7, 2007 at 7:41 am
    Hola Ken:

    Many thanks, your advice, did the trick.. nad yes it was when reloading
    state from file..

    Is this when loading a pre-trained categorizer from a saved file?
    This is a known problem, but I haven't settled on a good solution.

    A simple workaround is to just put:

    use Algorithm::NaiveBayes::Model::Frequency;

    in the script that's currently failing.

    -Ken

    Can't locate object method "predict" via package
    "Algorithm::NaiveBayes::Model::
    Frequency" at
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AI/Categorizer/Learner/NaiveBayes.p
    m line 28.

    when trying to get hypoteses.. for a new doc....

    anyone know if this is a silly one?

groupai @
categoriesperl
postedMay 30, '07 at 6:47p