Grokbase Groups Perl ai October 2004

I tried to run the demo.pl that is within the AI::categorizer
distribution. Unfortunately it seems to constantly choke on
something. Is there any logging/debugging switch I could turn on to
see whats going on?

Trying the demo.pl as is on the recommended reuters corpus, I get
after the stats_table:

maR maP maF1 miR miP miF1 Err |
0.1615 0.3411 0.1867 0.7097 0.8516 0.7742 0.005705 |
For test document:
Best category = grain
All categories = grain, wheat
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.
[about a hundred times]

If I modify demo.pl to use SVM, after much crunching it fails with a
memory error when trying to categorize the test set:

Creating model for potato
Creating model for money-supply
Categorizing test set
Speicherzugriffsfehler <- memory access error could be SIGSEGV

Where's the crack in my installation?

--
best regards,

Dipl.-Inf. Richard Jelinek