Grokbase Groups Perl ai October 2004
I followed with interest the thread "Just starting out.. newbie help :)"
and it made me believe you won't be extremely annoyed by another newbie
asking questions :)

My problem: I need to index texts against a list of relevant words.
Doing this by hand for a number of small sample made me think that
ranking the relevance of a text by the frequency of words that are
subjects or verbs gives somewhat better results than simply counting the
frequency of all words parts that match the list.

My question: is there any module that would help with recognizing
syntactical parts in a text written in English?

Searching with Google got me a lot of results that were course outlines
or assignments. On CPAN I found only the Lingua::* modules, but if
there is one that fits what I need, then probably I failed to see it
among the over 600 hits ...

thank you,

Emil Perhinschi

Search Discussions

  • Jon Orwant at Oct 2, 2004 at 11:58 pm
    Lingua::LinkParser
[...]

  • Ken Williams at Oct 3, 2004 at 3:43 pm
    Lingua::CollinsParser can also do a good job at this, but it's going to
    be slower.

    -Ken
[...]

groupai @
categoriesperl