Grokbase Groups Perl ai November 2003
I just uploaded version 0.01 of AI::Genetic. It is a pure Perl
implementation of a Genetic Algorithm. I wrote this for myself, mainly to
learn, but if you find it useful then let me know. If you decide to try it
out and find bugs or require new features, then let me know and I promise
to look into it. Keep in mind that it's beta. I'm also working on a
Genetic Programming extension for it.

As for the namespace, we had a discussion on this mailing list around a
year ago, and the author of OPEAL mentioned his desire to use the
namespace AI::Genetic. But I see that OPEAL is now known as
Algorithm::Evolutionary, so I took the liberty of claiming AI::Genetic. If
this is a problem, then please let me know, and I'll change it.

Comments/Flames welcome :)

--Ala

Search Discussions

  • Jjmerelo at Nov 20, 2003 at 9:10 am
    As for the namespace, we had a discussion on this mailing list around a
    year ago, and the author of OP
    AL mentioned his desire to use the
    namespace AI::Genetic. But I see that OPEAL is now known as
    Algorithm::Evolutionary, so I took the liberty of claiming AI::Genetic.
    If
    this is a problem, then please let me know, and I'll change it.

    The name is not a problem for me; however, I'd like to know what is and
    isn't in Algorithm::Evolutionary or AI::GP that you decided to create a
    new (and it's the 3rd EA Perl library, I think), instead of adapting/extending
    what is already done.

    JJ

    PRUEBA TISCALI ADSL HASTA 6 MESES
    SIN CUOTAS FIJAS, SIN COMPROMISO

    PONNOS A PRUEBA

    http://acceso.tiscali.es/pag-acceso-adsl-Prueba.jsp?did=adp-7530007
  • Ala Qumsieh at Nov 20, 2003 at 4:02 pm