Grokbase Groups Perl ai June 2003
Hi all,

I'm writing my presentation for next week's YAPC conference, the title
is "Applied Machine Learning with Perl." One of the things I'd like to
show is a collaborative filtering demo, something like "if you liked X,
you'll like Y." I'll be making it using Maciej Cegłowski's
Search::ContextGraph, which is a pretty simple new concept and fairly
lightweight.

In order to get enough data for a demo, I'm hoping I can get people to
run the script at http://limnus.com/~ken/list_modules.pl and send me
the output. It will tell me what extra modules you've installed on
your system, so that I can say things like "If you like Authen::Smb,
you'll like DBD::Proxy."

Thanks. I'll be making my presentation materials available online for
people who can't attend the conference too.

-Ken

p.s. - please *don't* spam the list with the output, of course. =)

Search Discussions

  • Ken Williams at Jun 13, 2003 at 2:53 am