I would like to announce the release of the Algorithm::Evolutionary
CPAN module. This is the current incarnation of my former OPEAL module,
and is a general-purpose, buzzword-compliant evolutionary computation
Perl library. It includes several kind of "chromosomes", operators to
massage them, several kind of algorithms (EasyGa, FullGA, CanonicalGA,
SimulatedAnnealing...). And docs. Download it from your favourite CPAN
mirror, or directly from:
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JM/JMERELO/
(latest version is 0.52_1)

At the same time, I have put the material for the evolutionary
computation talk I gave at YAPC::Europe online: the tutorial is at
http://geneura.ugr.es/~jmerelo/evolutionary-computation-perl/ or
http://opeal.sourceforge.net/evolutionary-computation-perl/
and slides at
http://opeal.sourceforge.net/yapc-europe/slides/pres-yapc-europe.htm
or
http://geneura.ugr.es/~jmerelo/yapc-europe-slides/pres-yapc-europe.htm

Any feedback (and offers for collaboration) are welcome.

Cheers!

JJ

groupai @
categoriesperl