Grokbase Groups Perl ai August 2001
It's interesting what happens when people overestimate AI. :-)

There's a little bit of talk on the mod_perl list[1] about some kind of
intelligent system for identifying frequently-asked questions, then
directing people to their answers in the mod_perl guide[2] or
archives[3]. I have some reservations about whether I could construct
such a system and actually make it useful, but I think it might be a fun
project to attempt nonetheless.

I'm going to be out of town for a week or so, but I thought someone
might want to take a stab at this problem in my absence. If you want to
take the lead on the project and see what you can do, I'm sure Stas
Beckman[4] would be happy to point you to the relevant things.

Anyway, it's an idea. I doubt such a system could be very autonomous,
but it might be useful nonetheless.

[1] http://www.mathforum.com/epigone/modperl/ginthandswang
[2] http://perl.apache.org/guide/
[3] http://www.mathforum.com/epigone/modperl/
[4] stas@stason.org

------------------- -------------------
Ken Williams Last Bastion of Euclidity
ken@forum.swarthmore.edu The Math Forum

Search Discussions

  • Pete Sergeant at Aug 11, 2001 at 12:22 pm
    Well, YetAnotherButler, my AskJeeves clone effectively answers FAQs. It
    doesn't use any clever AI though. Do you really need to? Some trigger words
    for each question should be sufficient...

    +Pete

[...]

groupai @
categoriesperl
postedAug 11, '01 at 6:00a
activeAug 11, '01 at 12:22p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Pete Sergeant: 2 posts Ken Williams: 1 post