From: Peter Thoeny <peter@twiki.net>
Subject: Re: New TWiki-5.1 Release
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:18:01 -0700

Dear Robert,

The open source TWiki community has been working hard over the last 14
month to produce a collaboration platform that is now much more
appealing to non-technical users. We focused primarily on usability
such as point and click user data management, more visual user profile
pages with picture selector, and a backup feature that helps upgrade
TWiki sites. The new release also strengthens TWiki as an application
platform to more easily build custom wiki applications. As previous
releases in the last two years, the new release is rock solid and can
be downloaded from TWiki.org.

The blog post at http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Blog/BlogEntry201108x1
explains what is new - it also contains screenshots of key usability
enhancements to get a quick overview.

Could you please help spread the word in Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter,
blogs etc? You can point your connections to the blog post indicated
above, short link is: http://bit.ly/twRel51

Sample tweet you could use:

New TWiki-5.1 release available, primary focus is usability. Overview
with screenshots: http://bit.ly/twRel51 #e20 #enterprise #wiki

Your help spreading the word of the new release is greatly appreciated!

Could you please point your Perl coder friends to our getting involved
page at http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/GettingInvolved ?

Cheers,
Peter

Search Discussions

  • Gabor Szabo at Sep 5, 2011 at 5:52 am
    Thanks for sharing!

    I am going to include it in the Perl Weekly going out in a few minutes.

    regards
    Gabor
    http://perlweekly.com/
    This might be something interesting to do something with.  TWiki is
    one of those things that lots of folks use, likely without even
    knowing it is perl.

    -R

[...]

groupadvocacy @
categoriesperl
postedSep 4, '11 at 11:16p
activeSep 5, '11 at 5:52a
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Gabor Szabo: 1 post Robert Spier: 1 post