There are a variety of Work Group proposals waiting on the Specifications
Council which have been posted to the specs@ list per the IPR process. If we
don't issue a recommendation for each, they're automatically approved after
fifteen days. Given that the Attributes Work Group will be automatically
approved tomorrow (and doesn't meet the minimum number of proposers) I
wanted to start this thread now.

OpenID v.Next Attributes Work Group (will be automatically approved on the
25th) - http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2010-May/006723.html

OpenID Certification Work Group -
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2010-May/006781.html

OpenID v.Next Discovery Work Group -
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-council/2010-May/000257.html

Connect Work Group -
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2010-May/006921.html

Please reply to this thread with a YES or NO for each Work Group.

Each proposal must have at least five proposers and cannot contain a
trademarked term (including "OpenID") in the Work Group name. If voting NO,
the following are the only four reasons allowed by our IPR Process:
(a) an incomplete Proposal (i.e., failure to comply with ?4.1);
(b) a determination that the proposal contravenes the OpenID community?s
purpose;
(c) a determination that the proposed WG does not have sufficient support
to succeed or to deliver proposed deliverables within projected completion
dates; or
(d) a determination that the proposal is likely to cause legal liability
for the OIDF or others.

Thanks,
--David
(Vice Chair of the Technical Committee)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Dick Hardt at May 24, 2010 at 10:50 pm

    There are a variety of Work Group proposals waiting on the Specifications Council which have been posted to the specs@ list per the IPR process. If we don't issue a recommendation for each, they're automatically approved after fifteen days. Given that the Attributes Work Group will be automatically approved tomorrow (and doesn't meet the minimum number of proposers) I wanted to start this thread now.

    OpenID v.Next Attributes Work Group (will be automatically approved on the 25th) - http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2010-May/006723.html
    YES I think a number of people have asked to be added as proposers. I would like to be added as a proposer.
    OpenID Certification Work Group - http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2010-May/006781.html YES
    OpenID v.Next Discovery Work Group - http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-council/2010-May/000257.html YES
    Connect Work Group - http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2010-May/006921.html
    NO I have several outstanding questions on this WG that have yet to be answered and consider it incomplete, potentially contravenes the purpose of the Foundation and may cause legal liability.
    Please reply to this thread with a YES or NO for each Work Group.

    Each proposal must have at least five proposers and cannot contain a trademarked term (including "OpenID") in the Work Group name. If voting NO, the following are the only four reasons allowed by our IPR Process:
    (a) an incomplete Proposal (i.e., failure to comply with ?4.1);
    (b) a determination that the proposal contravenes the OpenID community?s purpose;
    (c) a determination that the proposed WG does not have sufficient support to succeed or to deliver proposed deliverables within projected completion dates; or
    (d) a determination that the proposal is likely to cause legal liability for the OIDF or others.

    Thanks,
    --David
    (Vice Chair of the Technical Committee)
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Johnny Bufu at May 25, 2010 at 7:19 am

    There are a variety of Work Group proposals waiting on the Specifications
    Council which have been posted to the specs@ list per the IPR process.
    OpenID v.Next Discovery is the only one I've seen on the specs-council@ mailing
    list, which to my knowledge is the correct one for addressing the council
    for working group formation, also per:
    http://wiki.openid.net/Working-Groups

    Johnny
  • Mike Jones at May 25, 2010 at 4:21 pm
    Actually, proposals are supposed to be sent to the specs list. The specs-council list is for the council to discuss proposals, and while it's fine for proposers to cc the specs-council list, the council should also consider the proposals that were only sent to the specs list.

    -- Mike

    There are a variety of Work Group proposals waiting on the Specifications
    Council which have been posted to the specs@ list per the IPR process.
    OpenID v.Next Discovery is the only one I've seen on the specs-council@ mailing
    list, which to my knowledge is the correct one for addressing the council
    for working group formation, also per:
    http://wiki.openid.net/Working-Groups

    Johnny
  • Johnny Bufu at May 25, 2010 at 11:30 pm
    Thanks Mike, it looks like I misunderstood this part of the process. Is it captured in a document that can be used as reference?

    Johnny
    Actually, proposals are supposed to be sent to the specs list. The specs-council list is for the council to discuss proposals, and while it's fine for proposers to cc the specs-council list, the council should also consider the proposals that were only sent to the specs list.

    -- Mike

    There are a variety of Work Group proposals waiting on the Specifications
    Council which have been posted to the specs@ list per the IPR process.
    OpenID v.Next Discovery is the only one I've seen on the specs-council@ mailing
    list, which to my knowledge is the correct one for addressing the council
    for working group formation, also per:
    http://wiki.openid.net/Working-Groups

    Johnny
  • Mike Jones at May 26, 2010 at 12:02 am
    Yes, it's in the OpenID IPR Process document, which can be found at http://openid.net/intellectual-property/. See Sections 4.1 and 4.2.

    -- Mike

    There are a variety of Work Group proposals waiting on the Specifications
    Council which have been posted to the specs@ list per the IPR process.
    OpenID v.Next Discovery is the only one I've seen on the specs-council@ mailing
    list, which to my knowledge is the correct one for addressing the council
    for working group formation, also per:
    http://wiki.openid.net/Working-Groups

    Johnny

groupopenid-specs-council @