A bit of a late response to
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openejb-users/200810.mbox/%3C332A6619-AF7C-49A0-A4AC-2D9FE9A54847@visi.com%3E>

On Oct 8, 2008, David wrote:
For EJb 2.1 and prior the <messaging-type> is a required xml element
-- autodiscovery via introspection is an EJB 3.0 feature. If you were
to grab an old version of weblogic, the bean would likely not deploy
without the <messaging-type> declared. Something to keep in mind if
you intend your app to be an EJB 2.1 compliant app.

In the DTD for EJB 2.0, the element doesn't exist in, as the only type
of MDB you can make is a javax.jms.MessageListener
isn't the default messaging-type javax.jms.MessageListener for 2.1? -
At least that is what the XSD
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd> states) - I didn't
check the spec for the interface checking, but I have never had
problems deploying MDBs to weblogic where its a parent class which
implements javax.jms.MessageListener

/Johannes

Search Discussions

  • David Blevins at Dec 10, 2008 at 6:14 pm

    For EJb 2.1 and prior the <messaging-type> is a required xml element
    -- autodiscovery via introspection is an EJB 3.0 feature. If you
    were
    to grab an old version of weblogic, the bean would likely not deploy
    without the <messaging-type> declared. Something to keep in mind if
    you intend your app to be an EJB 2.1 compliant app.

    In the DTD for EJB 2.0, the element doesn't exist in, as the only type
    of MDB you can make is a javax.jms.MessageListener
    isn't the default messaging-type javax.jms.MessageListener for 2.1? -
    At least that is what the XSD
    <http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd> states) - I didn't
    check the spec for the interface checking, but I have never had
    problems deploying MDBs to weblogic where its a parent class which
    implements javax.jms.MessageListener
    You're absolutely right. We'll definitely fix that.

    Added a jira for this:

    (notifications: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?id=12410388&watch=true)

    -David

groupusers @